Creamy Italian Dressing
(enough for two large salads)
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (I only had Romano and it worked just fine)
1 shallot, minced (Screw it. I didn't have one.)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano (original recipe called for two, but that was a little too much "dried" for me)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used lowfat Duke's, my favorite)
1/4 cup yogurt (they called for sour cream, but I used Greek yogurt)
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Whisk vinegar, cheese, shallot, garlic, oregano, and pepper flakes in a little bowl.
- Put it in the microwave. Really.
- Cook it for 30 seconds or so, until cheese melts and vinegar looks cloudy.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream (or yogurt) and whisk it together.
- Add oil in little bursts and whisk together until emulsified. I used an immersion blender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Whatever you don't use can be kept in fridge for a couple days.