Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cheers to Cheerwine Ham, and huh? Vegetarian Gumbo?


Via Cheap, Healthy, Good, two things I'm quite interested in trying:

Cheerwine Ham: From Slashfood. I'm cooking an ENORMOUS ham from my pig, Augustus, this weekend for the family's "second" Easter. Last weekend was the "Fun" Western Easter; this coming weekend is the more religious "Eastern" Easter. It will include an egg hunt, which will make it fun. There will also be a TON of fabulous food. Perhaps we should call it "Foodie" Easter. In any event, I might just try this Cheesewine Ham. I have done Coca Cola ham with a jalepeno glaze, and Cherry Coca Cola Ham with a cherry jelly glaze. Both are excellent. This recipe might be a worthy addition to my carbonated ham repetoire.

second:

Vegetarian Gumbo. Huh? I just had the most delicious decidedly non-vegetarian gumbo at City BBQ. It was to die for. I had it with a fried catfish sandwich which was also to die for. I am now intrigued by this dish I've never cooked. I might give this recipe a whirl. Or maybe add a little chorizo or andouille.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis