Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I have a friend with a farm.

Inside a Zucchini flowerImage via Wikipedia

I was trying to channel Isak Dinesen's line, "I had a farm in Africa..." This friend COULD have a farm in Africa or anywhere the hell else she wants vegetables to grow. If she wanted vegetables to grow on your couch, grow they would. She is almost all-powerful. She can't prescribe medication in the state of Ohio like I can, but aside from that, I can't think of a single thing she can't do.

She has a recipe on her website today, a skeleton of a recipe, really, for ratatouille. Her site is worth checking out if you are interested in gardening, have ever looked at a garden or wondered what it might be like, especially if you are interested in community gardening. She knows everything. EVERYTHING. I mighta mentioned her before. And the recipe makes me want to grab some warm pita and dig right in. At this time of the summer, when tomatoes, peppers, and zucchini are everywhere, and an eggplant can certainly be had SOMEWHERE, make this. Put some in the freezer. In February, when it's cold, gray, depressing, and you think your mortal soul is in peril, thaw your summer goodness. You'll make it another week, I promise.

Too Much Garden Bounty? Ratatouille to the Rescue!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis