Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Brudda: Pork Master

The Poultry-dealer, after Cesare VecellioImage via Wikipedia

My brother, who makes me look like a bit of a lightweight when it comes to coffee, is a meat guy. He knows meat. He's meticulous. He's fastidious. I am, I must say, gifted when it comes to poultry, although I don't much like poultry (except the skin, straight out of the oven). My brother is a pork master. He does amazing things to a pig. It is nothing to him to spend hours searching New York (where he lives) for the right cut, the right fat. Who has the best pork belly in Brooklyn? My Brudda can tell you. Looking for pancetta on Arthur Avenue? My Brudda knows. He is to quality pork as pigs are to truffles. He is a Pork Chowhound.

When My Brudda tells me that a meat recipe is worthy of note, I pay attention. When his wife says "This was worth driving out in my car in the middle of a long day to find emergency ice at Pathmark" I pay attention. They give four thumbs up to a recipe from Jaden at Steamy Kitchen which involves poaching AN ENTIRE CHICKEN. Huh? It was a wild success in the Eastern House of Coffee (I live in the Western House). I am anxious to give it a try. Check it out at:

Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice Recipe


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis