Thursday, September 24, 2009

I brake for corn chowder especially with red peppers


This recipe from the Wednesday Chef recalls The Purple Rose of Cairo for me, the movie in which Mia Farrow (it was her, right?) walks right into a movie screen and movie. Or was it Jeff Daniels? Doesn't he live in Michigan? Was it really The Purple Rose of Cairo? When will I be back at Trader Joe's for Israeli couscous? Should I have a second glass of wine? What WILL I wear tomorrow. I can't take the humidity. It's almost October. I need a stew. What should I do with my butternuts squash from Legend Hills Orchard?

Welcome to 30 seconds in my brain.

I recalled a Woody Allen flick, though, because I rarely have wanted to dive into my computer screen so badly and drown in corn chowder as I did when I beheld the pictures from the Wednesday Chef. I can't WAIT to try the recipe.

Pete Wells' Shrimp Chowder with Corn

Okay, well, Concentration Girl (that's irony) just noticed that it's really SHRIMP chowder with corn and not corn chowder with red peppers. I don't care because SHRIMP chowder is even better. This will be made immediately upon entering a beach zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis