Thursday, September 17, 2009

On the menu today...



Well, I wish these were on the menu today. So it's been a banana, coffee, and cookies. Tonight is Mexican meatballs from the crockpot which I'll be having on my patented Mexican vege rice. I have too many recipes and too little time! They all make me swoon. This is such a terrible problem. Consider, for example:






The Snickerdoodle via Smitten Kitchen.



Oh. Swoon. I am cookie, hear me roar. My husband loves the snickerdoodle. I might have to make this quite selflessly for him and just so I know they won't hurt him I'll probably need to try them first.





The baked corndog via Slashfood.

No recipe, but I'll bet Google has one or fifty. I don't even WANT a recipe. This makes my brain itch. I want it now with a little sweet potato mustard from Jack's Cosmic Dogs in Mt. Pleasant, SC. And slaw.

There's always the problem of what the kids will eat. They would certainly eat snickerdoodles and there's a good chance they'd eat a corndog. But how about the tostada? Could I get them to eat something in which healthy food is hidden? I might try, especially because the photo from Simply Recipes is simply divine (see above):

Mexican tostada

Pancakes are always a perennial favorite at Casa Latte. Of course, I'm talking about the traditional flapjack with occasional fruit and perpetual syrup. I made crepes once and my son was mortally offended for the flapjack. "Oh, no, no," he protested, "This is not a pancake. It is yucky and I will NOT EAT IT." And he didn't. Is there a sneaky way to get him to eat a pancake with a vegetable? Would he eat the:

Zucchini pancake? (via Joy the Baker, surely the most clever and prolific pancake recipe creator on the planet)








I'd love to ponder the zucchini pancake with a piece of:

Ethiopian Honey Spice Bread via Wednesday Chef


I'm stuffed. I'd better stop because lunch is a mere 50 minutes from now.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis