Thursday, September 24, 2009

Vegan Cupcakes? Have I lost my mind?


From the very precious Gwynneth Paltrow's site, Goop, which I actually secretly kind of like oops the secret is out, an interesting post on vegan cupcakes and darn it, other vegan baked goods.

The one time I had vegan bread I was violently ill for a day. I channeled my grandmother, "My body needs butter." But the baguette is butter, salt, and oil. I eat that without turning my gastrointestinal tract inside out. Of course, I usually eat it with cream of cauliflower soup topped with Gruyere, shmeared with lots of fresh imported butter, but still. It makes no sense.

I am, however, intrigued. I might try it. I might like it. I will not, however, give up the precious goodness of the butter cow.

Goop Make: Babycakes with recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis