Saturday, October 10, 2009

How Locro can you go?

From the Boston Globe, a recipe for Locro, a pretty amazing sounding stew from Argentina. I'm thinking this might be a most excellent crockpot recipe, with a few adaptations here and there. I'll let you know how it turns out. In the meantime if you're interested, check out the recipe from the Globe:

Locro

From Slashfood, ah, Dulce de leche. Included was a recipe to make it yourself; I tend to buy it already done for me. It's fabulous. Towards the end off the post is a brief list off things to do with the golden goodness:

Dulce De Leche - An Easy Dessert Enhancer

The thought of the sweetness reminded me of a recipe I clipped ages ago from Saveur for a Ducle de Leche Cake. Strangely, I had just pulled it out this past week. I'd caressed it a few times and toyed with making it. Presto, Slashfood sends a related link to Google Reader. I think it's kizmet.

Dulce de Leche Cake

I asked Lord Google about Dulce de Leche. He suggested this, and oh, Lord, it looks fabulous:

Dulce de Leche Flan, recipe and image via No Special Effects

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis