Friday, October 2, 2009

Oh, God no. Not more eggplant.


Oh, yeah, baby. And from a new mother! I remember when I was a new mother, wandering around my house, scratching my head. It all looked so terribly familiar. So utterly strange, though, to have another warm mouth to feed. And with stuff from me! (That still wigs me out a little.) I felt like I'd had a really good day if I showered.

But Deb, at Smitten Kitchen, is not only hauling her little love bug all over town, but she's posting gorgeous eggplant recipes. STUFFED eggplants, not just "slice it up, throw it on the bbq, mash it with some olive oil and slap it on some pita." I feel quite unnerved by her.

BUT I no longer have to 1. Carry a diaper bag, 2. Worry about running out of diapers, and 3. Buckle 50% of my kids into carseats. I can just jump in the car with a purse, mentally check where a potty at the grocery will be, and help Little Macchiato snap her belt in place while I run to the store to get the ingredients for this:

Lebanese-style stuffed eggplant

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis