Monday, February 23, 2009

Have I Got a Line Up for You!

Are you ready? Got your grocery list handy? Here is this week's line up for my family. Some new, some tried and true, but they all look really delicious.

Monday: I confess, oh mighty readers, we are going out for pizza tonight.

Tuesday: Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon. "PassYouBy", my moniker here, could easily (but doesn't) refer to what I do to the fish at the grocery store. Seafood so seldom figures into my menu planning you'd think we were allergic. But no, I just don't really like the taste, nor the smell in my house. But I have a houseguest this week who really likes it so I will make it. Here's how: In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir 1 T brown sugar, 2 t butter and 1 t honey until melted. Remove from heat; whisk in 1 T olive oil, 1 T Dijon mustard, 1 T soy sauce, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper. Cool for five minutes. Place 1 salmon filet (2 1/2 pounds) in a large foil-lined baking pan; brush with brown sugar mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Wednesday: Spicy Thai-Thai Burritos with Orange Coconut Rice. This is Dr. Latte's recipe. If she says it's good, it's good.

Thursday: Honey Lemon Chicken. I first made this in August of 2008. I know this because of my complicated, if not obsessive and joke-worthy, method of marking my recipes so I know who I served it to, when, and with what as well as any helpful remarks. This one just says, "We all loved this!" Combine the following in a large bowl: 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/3 cup honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 T finely chopped onion, 4 garlic cloves-minced, 2 t dried parsley, 2 t dried basil, 1 t salt-free seasoning blend, 1 t white pepper, and 1 t lime juice. Pour 2/3 cup of the marinade into a large zip-top bag with 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Grill chicken until juices run clear turning once and basting occasionally with reserved marinade.

Friday: Probably leftovers, served with a lovely tossed salad with My Favorite Dressing: 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup honey, 2 heaping T Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup oil. Sometimes I mix honey and sugar to make 1/4 cup instead of all honey.

That's the plan, what is yours?

1 comment:

  1. I'm nervous about the Thai Thai burrito. I hope you like it. BTW, I edited your paragraph to include a clickable link to my recipe on medmarg. BTW, I am so powerful that I can edit your paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis