Monday, February 23, 2009

Hey! PassYouBy! I have a fun idea.

Here it is: How about if you and I plan the ultimate PassYouBy/Iced Latte food weekend? Let's pretend that I'm coming to your house with my family (should this happen, you should secure tranquilizers before we arrive to protect yourself and your boys) and we have to prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner for Saturday and Sunday. Friday night would so obviously be take-out, as I'm sure we'd be flying on USAir and I'm sure we'd be delayed by at least 36 days at some Godforsaken airport with dirty bathrooms and only Pepsi products.

I can tell you already that I want your coconut chicken and roasted carrots, only I'll need to have a less spicy chicken version for my chicken bum bum children. I think I might make some kind of all day braised pork rib kind of thing with lots of gravy, shallots, served over buttery mashed potatoes, but I'm not sure. A grilled steak with a stinky blue cheese sounds pretty fab, too, with a garlicky caesar salad. Maybe we'd need more days than a weekend. I have a kick A$$ French toast casserole recipe that would be perfect with a simple fruit salad on Sunday morning for brunch.

What will you be making?

PS Shall I make the raw meatloaf again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis