Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A short dessert by a carb-starved worker bee

I was back at work today after a surgical hiatus, as you know, PassUBy. I was TIRED by the time I got home. The overwhelming fatigue is how I imagine it must feel to run a marathon, which is precisely why I shouldn't even try. Oh, woe, the fatigue.

But after we had our GLORIOUS dinner of chicken pot pies (recipe courtesy of Cooks Country), pulled straight out of the freezer and put straight into the oven, Mama Latte needed a pick-me up. Stand back. Two ingredients:

Greek yogurt (I used 2% all the time)
Caramel sauce

I melted the caramel sauce and added it to the yogurt until I had a delightful, creamy, thick tangy sweet mix. We had it on top of fruit for dessert, but it would work on pound cake, crepes...and if I weren't so tired I'll bet I could think of at least two or three more things it would be cook on top of.



1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you should get some sleep...oh yea, that's right, we don't sleep.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis