Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Almost *KYSO* Beef Brisket in Beer

Ok, so this goes against my policy here, but I will pass along last night's Beef Brisket in Beer recipe even though it didn't exactly Knock My Socks Off, and here's why....In all my years of cooking I have found only one Crock Pot recipe that Knocked My Socks Off (it was for Mac-n-Cheese, I'll post it someday)

This dinner was good, actually quite good. And sometimes you really need the Crock Pot to do it's magic all day.

Beef Brisket in Beer

1 fresh beef brisket (2 1/2-3 pounds), fat trimmed
2 t Liquid Smoke (optional, I used it, and my hands smelled like BBQ all day)
1 t celery salt (I am thinking garlic salt would have been fine)
1/2 t pepper
1/4 t salt
1 large onion, sliced
1 can (12-oz) beer (I used Sierra Nevada)
2 t Worcestershire sauce
2 T cornstarch
1/4 cup water

Cut brisket in half; rub with Liquid Smoke, celery salt, pepper and salt. Place in a 3-qt slow cooker. Top with onion. Combine beer and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours or until tender.

Remove brisket and keep warm. Strain cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice beef across the grain; serve with gravy.

(I also served mashed potatoes and a green veggie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis