Monday, March 30, 2009

*KYSO* Skirt Steak AND Curry Chicken Salad

I've been a little behind these last few weeks, and I don't have a weekly menu to post today. BUT I thought I'd share a few Knock Your Socks Off recipes with you....

Orange Ginger Skirt Steak
My brother always requests this when he comes to visit. I think he mentioned that he can't really find skirt steak where he lives. Too bad! If you can't find it, come to California to visit. It'll be worth the trip, I promise!

Marinade:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/4 cup orange juice
2 T minced fresh ginger
1/4 t hot pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic, pressed

Marinate 3 pounds beef skirt steak in marinade 4 hours, or overnight.
Grill skirt steak to desired doneness.
Serve with orange wedges to squeeze over meat.

Curried Chicken Salad
I didn't really occur to me to post this as a Knock Your Socks Off recipe until just yesterday when my friend, who is also a caterer to the stars (really! she is-but I can't remember which stars just now!) called and asked for the recipe. If it's good enough for Jaci when she is making lunch for 1,000 it's good enough for me! This recipe originally came from the Lazarus "Recipes from our Kitchens" cookbook. Anyone remember Lazarus?

3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
1 cup raisins
5 green onions, sliced
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted

Toss above with dressing made with 2 cups mayonnaise, 1/4 cup honey and 1 T curry.

(recipe originally called for pineapple tidbit and shredded coconut too, but I omit that)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis