Sunday, March 15, 2009

IcedLatte's Week of Pork

vector version of this imageImage via Wikipedia

I'm doing a modified Cookie magazine pork, apple, and barley week. I left out the squash. We've had so much over the winter that we're a little orange. Here's the scoop:

Sunday:
Roast pork (which I browned with onions and have in the slow cooker with lemon and orange juice, garlic, one can of tomatillas, a little brown sugar, and adobo), stuffed green peppers (with the barley I just cooked, a chopped leek, diced dried apricots, celery, parmesan cheese, and peas), and salad (salads greens, makings, dressing done for the week).

Breakfast and Lunch Monday-Friday: I have my barley with a little stewed apple and maple syrup and vanilla all ready packaged. I chopped a mess of veges and oranges which I'll have with a banana or whatever looks good out of the fridge.

Monday:
Salmon with a salad of lettuce, barley and roasted beets (packaged in aluminum foil to cook tonight with the peppers). I'll also chop up cucumbers and mix with a little thinned Greek yogurt and fresh dill which the kids will eat like maniacs.

Tuesday:
Cuban sandwiches and salad.

Wednesday:
Chicken under a brick, only not really. I'll marinate it for a few hours in dill, lemon juice, salt, and garlic. We'll have that with a little rice pilaf which will have roasted red pepper in it (which I'll roast tonight with the beets and stuffed green peppers) and grilled pineapple, all tossed in olive oil and sherry vinegar. Plus we'll have corn or peas or something. Leftover chicken will go into the freezer for something next week, and the carcas will also go into the freezer for stock when I have more chicken bones to use.

Thursday:
Posole with the defatted stock from the pork roast, some tomatoes, lettuce, corn, and a little hominy.

Friday:
Tacos with the pork and whatever is left, like the rice and some cheese plus Greek yogurt. Out for ice cream, most certainly, to celebrate another week.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis